No matter how you look at it, there’s no good time to encounter a need for HVAC repair or replacement. It always comes as a surprise, it’s always unwelcome, and we all cross our fingers hoping that it’s nothing too serious when something goes awry. But what if we told you that there are better ways to avoid costly repairs? It’s true, and the certified experts at AnyDay Heating & Cooling Heating & Cooling are here to clue you in!
Preventative Maintenance: Why It’s Important
Generally, no one pays much attention to a heating and cooling system until something has already gone terribly wrong. It’s an absolute fact that more than half of the repairs we do could be prevented by consistent maintenance and care. Preventative maintenance is designed to address and eliminate most if not all of the most common repair causes before they become an issue.
Additionally, consistent maintenance has been proven to:
- Increase energy efficiency. The removal of dust and debris, lubrication of small parts, tightening of components that require it and other aspects of a routine tune up all serve to improve the efficiency of your system, saving you money on heating and cooling costs year round.
- Reduce repair costs. Regular maintenance goes a long way in mitigating repair needs in the first place, and additionally, being part of a maintenance plan often means (it certainly does with us!) reduced repair costs in the event of a break down.
- Increase unit lifespan. You can usually expect a strong ten to fifteen years of service from your system. That is, if it is properly maintained. Without appropriate maintenance, that number can be significantly lower.
In addition to professional maintenance, there are some things you can handle on your own to improve the performance of your HVAC system, and additionally reduce risk:
- Regularly change or clean filters. As a general rule of thumb, monthly is a pretty good estimate of how often this should be done. That number can change for those with allergies, people who own one or multiple pets, or those of us who live in areas prone to storms, dry air and dust.
- Clean around your HVAC system frequently. You may notice dust and debris settling around your indoor system on occasion. It’s important to sweep this up, as it can not only serve to clog up your system, it can also create a fire hazard.
Preventative Maintenance Plans With AnyDay Heating & Cooling
Our maintenance program is designed to cover your every HVAC maintenance need, offering you the best solution possible. Our plan covering Raleigh-Durham homeowners receive:
- Two safety and performance tune-ups (one air conditioning tune-up in the spring and one heating system tune-up in the fall)
- Five-year parts and labor warranty on minor repairs (contact us to find out which repairs qualify)
- Priority scheduling
- 10% off all repairs
- Reduced dispatch fees on nights, weekends, and holidays
- 24-hour emergency HVAC service. As we said before, there’s no such thing as a convenient time for repair. But if you need it, know our experts always have you covered.
To learn more about what we can provide you and your HVAC system, or sign up for a maintenace plan right away, contact our specialists today!