At AnyDay Heating & Cooling, we repair and replace furnaces thorughout the Raleigh-Durham area. But we are often asked by customers how they can tell whether their furnaces just need to be repaired, or if it would be more beneficial to go ahead and schedule a replacement. Keep reading to learn more about when you should have your furnace repaired or replaced.
When Is It Time for Furnace Repairs?
Even the highest quality heating systems may require repair eventually. The most common furnace problems you may face include:
- Unusual, excessive noise coming from the unit. Some noise is normal but if you notice louder than usual rumbling, rattling, or squeaking, it may indicate a problem. The issue can range from a failing motor to a clogged, dirty blower.
- High energy bills. If you’ve noticed an unusual spike in your heating bills but you haven’t been using your furnace any more than usual, it may be due to a lack of furnace maintenance. This can also occur once your unit is 15-years-old or more and can signify it’s time for a replacement.
- Insufficient heat. A dirty air filter is often the cause of this issue, so make sure you replace yours every three months. However, an insufficient heating problem can also occur when you have broken or leaky ductwork. Or, it can be as simple as inaccurate thermostat settings.
When Is It Time for a Replacement Furnace?
In some cases, it can be obvious when it’s time to install a replacement furnace. In others, not so much. We recommend furnace replacement for your Raleigh-Durham home if:
- Your furnace is over 15-years-old
- You’ve needed multiple furnace repairs
- There is heavy corrosion and rust on your furnace
- Your furnace is no longer keeping your home warm or the temperature is uneven from room to room
Still not sure if it’s time to replace or repair your furnace? Give us a call to have our team inspect your system. We’ll let you know whether a furnace replacement is your most cost-effective choice or if your issues can be resolved with a repair.
If we find that furnace replacement is your best bet, we will install a high-qualityheating system, complete with a warranty for your peace of mind.
Schedule Furnace Repair or Replacement in Raleigh-Durham, NC
If your heating system isn’t working properly and you’re located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area, call AnyDay Heating & Cooling Heating & Cooling. Whether you have a gas furnace, electric furnace, or oil furnace, we have experience repairing all types!
Contact us for a free estimate or call 919-329-2944 to speak with us about your furnace repair or replacement today!
We Offer Furnace Repair Services in:
- Durham County
- Johnston County
- Wake County
- Moore County