Everyone wants a comfortable home, but heating and cooling systems use a lot of energy. How can you maintain desirable temperatures in your home in the most energy efficient way? Read the following tips on how to go green with your HVAC equipment:
- Replace old equipment with energy efficient products: Replacing old furnaces and air conditioning units with updated, energy efficient systems can save energy while helping you save money on utility bills. You may also qualify for utility rebates when you replace your old equipment.
- Choose the right-sized equipment: If your HVAC equipment is too big for your home, it is probably wasting energy by frequently cycling off and on. Invest in the right sized equipment and you’ll save energy and money in the long run.
- Replace your manual thermostat: If you still have a manual thermostat, look into getting a programmable model. You can select an energy-saving mode for when you are sleeping or away from your home, saving energy and money.
- Choose a reputable HVAC company: Getting your HVAC system properly installed is extremely important, and can affect how well your system functions. If your furnace or air conditioning unit was poorly set up, you may be losing money and energy. contact AnyDay Heating & Cooling to ensure your HVAC system is running as efficiently as possible, or to install a new, updated heating and cooling system in your home.
- Regular Maintenance: Scheduling regular maintenance for your HVAC systems will ensure they’re functioning at peak efficiency.
Is My HVAC System Energy Efficient?
How can you tell if your HVAC systems are running as efficiently as possible? If you notice any of the following signs occurring in your home, you should consider taking the proper steps to make your HVAC systems more environmentally friendly:
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs: The age of your HVAC equipment may be causing it to run less efficiently. If you need constant repairs, it may be time for an upgrade.
- Your equipment is more than 10 years old: Even if your HVAC equipment seems to be running fine, if it’s more than 10 years old, it’s probably time to replace it with newer, more efficient equipment.
- Your home has humidity problems and excessive dust: If your home seems more humid or dusty than usual, leaky or poorly insulated ductwork may be the cause. Improperly installed ductwork is inefficient and should be fixed right away.
- You have your thermostat set to one constant temperature: If you leave your thermostat at one temperature, you could be missing out on an energy-saving opportunity. Setting your thermostat to automatically adjust your home’s temperature during times that you’re sleeping or away at work can drastically reduce utility costs and improve efficiency. If your thermostat is not programmable, it is a good idea to invest in a newer model.
Schedule HVAC Maintenance in Raleigh-Durham
Updating and maintaining your HVAC equipment can save energy, money, time and help protect the environment. For HVAC installation, maintenance, and repair throughout the Raleigh-Durham, NC area, the reliable professionals at AnyDay Heating & Cooling have you covered.
Enroll in our maintenance program to keep your heating and cooling system in great shape throughout the year!