You’d know if your roof was leaking. You can see and hear falling rain, see water staining the ceiling, and if you ignore it for long enough, your roof will eventually collapse. Leaky ductwork isn’t is that visually dramatic, but it’s still costly, and just as damaging to your wallet. When the ducts in your home leak, 20 to 30 percent of the conditioned air you pay for every month literally escapes through the cracks. The result isn’t a collapsed roof, but higher utility bills, uncomfortable rooms, and poor air quality.
If the ductwork in your Raleigh home needs an overhaul, AnyDay Heating & Cooling offers duct sealing services to fill the gaps and keep conditioned air inside your home.
The Four Most Important Places for Duct Sealing
Duct sealing encompasses many steps, including:
- Repairing damaged or disconnected ducts by applying mastic tape, metal tape, or an aerosol-based sealant
- Straightening tangled or crushed flexible ducts
- Insulating ducts in unfinished areas
- Sealing registers and grills tightly to ducts
- Evaluating air flow after repairs to ensure optimal results
Most people can add some weather stripping around doors and windows, but when it comes to sealing and repairing ducts, you should let a professional handle the job. Certified technicians know how to detect gases that can “back draft” from combustible appliances and are trained to notice other safety concerns.
The most common places for leaky ductwork are:
- Attics – Since heat rises, holes and cracks around pipes, chimneys, light fixtures and other fixtures leads to air loss.
- Basements – Housing furnaces, dryer vents, and plumbing make this a prime area for sealing ducts.
- Crawlspaces – In these unfinished areas, adding insulation to ducts here helps save energy.
- Garages – Attached garages are usually unfinished areas that require duct repair, sealing, and duct insulation.
Signs You Have Faulty Ductwork
Indicators that you have inefficient, damaged, or poorly insulated ductwork are:
- High heating and cooling bills
- Rooms that are too hot or cold in comparison to other rooms in the home
- Rooms that are stuffy or constantly uncomfortable
- Tangled or flattened ductwork
- Poor air quality or rooms that are overly dusty
Benefits of Duct Sealing
After you invest in duct repair and sealing, you’ll notice the benefits immediately. They include:
Lower Utility Bills – You’ll keep the extra 20 to 30% of conditioned air inside your home, lowering the strain on your HVAC unit.
Increased Comfort – Sealing and repairing ducts not only keeps conditioned air in, it keeps drafts and humidity out, which translates to more comfortable, even temperatures in the home.
Increased Air Quality – Duct sealing keeps out pollutants like pollen, mold, mildew, and other harmful impurities that can take a toll on your overall health.
Top-Notch Duct Sealing Services in Raleigh
At AnyDay Heating & Cooling, our motto is “Making indoor life more comfortable.” We strive to meet this goal for every customer we serve. If you’re interested in duct sealing for your Raleigh home, contact the experts at AnyDay Heating & Cooling at 919-329-2944 or visit us online for more information.