If you’re installing a new heater or replacing outdated equipment, you might be wondering how to choose between heating systems. Consider the benefits of each to help you decide which one will serve your needs best.
Benefits of Furnaces
When you picture a traditional heating system, a furnace probably comes to mind. Here are the benefits you can expect:
- Furnaces have a great lifespan, lasting 10 to 20 years with proper maintenance.
- Furnaces heat the entire home through central ductwork.
- High-efficiency furnaces are available today, which deliver close to 100% efficiency.
- Furnaces share an air handler with the central air conditioner to simplify your HVAC system.
Benefits of Heat Pumps
A heat pump resembles an air conditioner and works similarly. In fact, it mimics an air conditioner exactly in the summer. Then, thanks to an ingenious reversing valve, the heat pump works in reverse to heat your home in the winter. This offers many benefits:
- Heat pumps replace furnaces and air conditioners, allowing one piece of equipment to facilitate year-round comfort.
- Heat pumps move heat rather than generating it from a fuel source, so they can often achieve 300% efficiency or higher.
- Heat pumps run on electricity, a perfect option for homes without natural gas lines.
Benefits of Ductless Heating Systems
Ductless mini-splits are like compact heat pumps with an air handler mounted to the wall and a condensing unit outside. This could be the right heating system for you!
- Ductless systems are perfect for homes and add-ons with no existing ductwork.
- Ductless systems are easy and inexpensive to install.
- Ductless systems provide heating and cooling in just one room or throughout your home.
Benefits of Dual Fuel Heating Systems
Dual fuel is a unique option that combines a furnace and heat pump to heat your home with both natural gas and electricity. This option has many benefits:
- Dual fuel means an efficient furnace replaces inefficient electric resistance backup heaters when the temperature drops too low outside for a heat pump to operate.
- Dual fuel provides the most efficient heating possible.
Heating System Installation in Raleigh-Durham & Cary
No matter which heating system you decide on, AnyDay Heating & Cooling is the right company to perform the installation. We’ll properly size and install your equipment with careful precision to deliver the efficiency and comfort you expect. To learn more, or to receive a heating system installation quote, please contact us today.